Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Law Review (and Tax Journal) Tryout 2006

I spent three long sleepless days, including a Friday with classes I wasn't allowed to skip, applying to law journals. I slept 6 hours the first nights of the tryout and not at all the last night. I got it done, and I think it's decent.

I spent the first day revising the article they gave us, and the next two nights writing the opinion. I don't know if you could classify the opinion I wrote as either conservative or liberal, but definitely freedom-destroying. Anyway, I'm proud I got it done, a few people I know bailed on it midway through. Some people didn't pace themselves well and had some other issues. And what Chad told us was true, it was definitely a learning experience; I feel kind of at one with the Bluebook now.

Journal Tryouts
What my journal tryout- in progress- looked like

It also was a bit of a bonding experience between those of us who were doing the tryouts. Roger shared his awesome coffee, Audra gave us all binder clips, Jane gave me staples (and I brought her the clips), I made Sarah finish, and encouraged Jane to keep going when she was losing it. Brian made me laugh so hard with a fake judicial opinion about French fries that I thought I would die. Donald and I spent 30 minutes at the law school basically congratulating ourselves after finishing. So in a weird, twisted way, it was a good time.

When I got home I did everything I had to do to get ready to go to SC and then passed out on my bed like the dead. I've been having a good time on Spring Break so far, but Sarah and I are STILL sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have to approve comments. It usually takes a few hours before I notice the email to approve the comment- no need to resubmit the comment if it doesn't go up immediately. - Ericka