Monday, July 31, 2006

Good First Date Yesterday! 2006

My coffee date yesterday night was great. Kevin is cute, super smart, and funny. It was a good time. He's 26 and he teaches at Bridgewater College.

I dressed up to go to the Downtown Mall. I was wearing a black fitted shirt and white jean skirt and white sandals with little heels. Sarah and Donald dropped me off Downtown. Kevin was sitting outside reading the New York Times. Apparently, he does this every Sunday. The first thing I noticed about him was his bushy hair and that he was cute. In that order.

Kevin got me a cappuccino while he sipped a green tea. He tried to impress me with his two-book contract and personal Dave Barry connection (I love Dave Barry). I probably shouldn't have told him that I don't believe in happiness. That wasn't a good move on my part.

Charlottesville Downtown Mall 2006
Mudhouse in 2006- even from the angle at which I approached.

Maybe he thought some ice cream would make me reconsider happiness? After Mudhouse, he suggested we walk over to Chaps for dessert. I was charmed. He drove me home to Ivy Gardens and asked if I'd be interested in another date. I said, "definitely."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have to approve comments. It usually takes a few hours before I notice the email to approve the comment- no need to resubmit the comment if it doesn't go up immediately. - Ericka