Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Second Date at Continental 2006

Kevin took me to dinner at Continental restaurant because he likes the food there. The original plan was to go to dinner and then go back to his place to watch a movie. He encouraged me to have a big margarita... or two. We had a lot of great conversation over dinner and he's very funny and attentive.

Toward the end of the date he mentioned that he was opposed to corn subsidies and I felt like this is a guy that really gets me! Though thinking about it today I wonder if he read all the comments on my Friendster page and saw Aubree's comment about how much I hate corn subsidies. Haha. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt though because he's an intellectual liberal that lived in Iowa during grad school so he probably really did consider this issue.

After dinner he suggested we take a walk around the UVA grounds. Since he was an undergrad here five years ago he showed me around his old haunts and pointed out a mural he helped paint in one of the dorms.

Charlottesville 2010
Part of mural that I could photograph through window

It was close to 11 pm by then and he suggested we go back and watch the movie, but since it was so late and I was full of margaritas, I politely declined. He brought me home and kissed me goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have to approve comments. It usually takes a few hours before I notice the email to approve the comment- no need to resubmit the comment if it doesn't go up immediately. - Ericka