Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Supreme Court 2007

Some member of the ACS group did a little fieldtrip to the Supreme Court of the United States to hear oral arguments and meet Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The oral arguments were for the cases U.S. v. Rita and U.S. v. Claiborne. They are both about sentencing guidelines. This was my second time sitting in on oral arguments, as I visited the court when I was an undergraduate at George Washington University.

Meeting Justice Ginsburg was especially wonderful and she told us a number of stories including about the retirement of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. Such a wonderful experience.

With Justice Ginsburg
Photo with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Supreme Court 2007 
Our fearless leaders Richard and Brandon

In Front of the Supreme Court
Me in front of the Supreme Court 

Capitol Hill 2007
At lunch with Elizabeth and Aaron

Gena and Ericka
Gena and me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have to approve comments. It usually takes a few hours before I notice the email to approve the comment- no need to resubmit the comment if it doesn't go up immediately. - Ericka